MEET THE TEAM.
We love our team. Find out what makes Evoke special.
collaboration, creativity and growth
We’ve got experts in hospitality, leaders in retail and creatives in customer experience. And they bring it all together to create fantastic solutions for our customers.
Senior leadership team.
Neil DorrianSales & Marketing Director
Neil started his career as a service engineer and swiftly moved onto to installs for an EPOS company that serviced pub and hotels in his home town of Preston. He made his move into Sales (and moved down south at the same time) when he moved to work for the Retail division of Toshiba. After leading the Direct Major Accounts team selling POS across hospitality and retail, he left to join Evoke as Sales Director.
He's loved being part of smaller fast paced business, and has now been with us for 6 years!
We asked Neil…
- What’s your favourite song? Beatles – I am the Walrus – random but brings back memories of my dad!
- What’s your favourite sport? Football, Golf – any sport really – just ask my wife!!
- What’s your favourite book? James Patterson books – I’ve read most of them!
- What is something that people wouldn’t guess about you? I once won the Butlins junior tiddlywinks championship
Simon TaylorCustomer Account Director
Simon started out his career on the Sainsbury’s famous graduate programme. He worked his way from graduate trainee all the way through to regional management, before moving into Head Office where he worked across many exciting programmes in their Business Transformation Team.
After he made the leap to supplier side 14 years later, he found a passion for technologies that supported the customer journey, and ended up working on self-service technologies just as the industry was kicking off. His people skills won out, and soon he found himself working on Account and Business Development. Simon joined Evoke in 2013, bringing his experience in the sector to lead our Customer Accounts team.
WE ASKED SIMON...
- What song do you have on repeat? Otis’ Redding’s “(Sittin' on) the Dock of the Bay”
- What’s your favourite film? Se7en
- What’s your go-to podcast? Peter Crouch
- What’s as in interesting fact about you? My Best Man at my wedding is now one of the chasers in Channel 4’s Hunted.
neil clarkFounder & Board director
Neil’s passion for design started early, studying Product Design in Newcastle and quickly moving into an award-winning agency. He led the way in designing products for brands like JCB, Tomy Toys and Unilver and its where Neil and Co-founder Dean met!
Between them, they took this design agency and created Evoke in 2006. They found a passion for kiosk development and went on to winning some fantastic Clients. Under Neil’s leadership as CEO, Evoke grew A new focus was born and as CEO Neil grew the business to more than 150 employees and global coverage.
Neil remains at the heart of Evoke bringing his experience to major client projects and partnership development.
WE ASKED NEIL...
- What’s your favourite film? Ferris Bueller’s Day off
- What do you like doing in your spare time? Playing Rugby, golf and classic car rallying
- Favourite food? A Sunday Roast
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A racing car driver
Peter started out as a biologist and dabbled in sales, but quickly found a love of tech, and moved into IT in the 80s. He’s been focused on hospitality tech since the mid-90s and notes that being the UK MD of Micros (now Oracle) was a career highlight.
Before joining us at Evoke, he was the COO for Zonal where he used his passion for putting the customer first to grow the business from £15m to £65m.
He brought his passion and expertise to Evoke in 2022 as our new CEO.
WE ASKED PETER...
- What’s your favourite book? The Wind-up Bird Chronicle, Haruki Murakami
- Favourite food? Fish finger butty
- Favourite song? Teenage Kicks, Undertones
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A grown up
Dean wardFounder & Chief Product Officer
Dean’s a designer at heart. He studied product design at University and started his career working in shop fit design before joining an award-winning design company who designed products for JCB, Tomy Toys and Unilever. That’s where he met Neil and Evoke was born!
Evoke started out small in 2006 but now has more than 150 employees and operates globally, bringing hardware and software solutions.
Dean still sits at the heart of Evoke, where he brings his passion and experience in product design as our Chief Product Officer.
WE ASKED DEAN...
- What’s your favourite film? The Big Blue
- Favourite food? Southern Style Slow cooked BBQ
- Favourite hobby? Far too many, but playing the guitar (badly)!
- What is one thing people wouldn’t guess about you? I’ve competed as a powerlifter
Mark JonesDesign Director
Mark doesn’t do things by halves! Finishing with a 1st in Industrial Design, he knew exactly what he wanted to design. He did a placement year at redten Digital who make photo processing kiosks and then headed down to Birmingham to work for a kiosk manufacturer where he designed kiosks for brands who have led the way in kiosk innovation in the past; Fujifilm, the Job Centre, Boots and HMV.
From there, he headed up a design team for a company who specialised in designing for the educational sector and who manufacture metalwork on-site. This sort of unique opportunity to work at all stages of the product development made him perfect for Evoke!
WE ASKED MARK...
- What is your favourite film? My top 5, in no particular order are: The Bodyguard, Pearl Harbor, 13 Going On 30, The Holiday, Mission Impossible 2
- Your favourite book? I Am a Tiger – my daughter’s favourite book!
- Do you have a hobby? My kids!
- What did you want to be growing up? A designer (it’s the only thing I’ve ever been half decent at!)
Simon is passionate about the hospitality sector. Educated in Hospitality & Institutional Management, he started his career on a graduate programme with a nationwide hotel chain.
Simon has held senior roles across businesses such as Micros (now Oracle), Omnico and Zonal, leading business-wide operational and commercial growth projects. He’s worked across every function in a business, from operations, technical teams (software and manufacturing), and product development, to sales & marketing, professional services and customer success.
He brings his breadth of experience to Evoke to lead as our Chief Operating Officer.
WE ASKED SIMON...
- Favourite film? Anything 80s!
- Favourite podcast: Anything related to autobiographical accounts
- Favourite Sport: Rugby Union, Motorsport, Golf!
- Something that people wouldn’t guess about you? I was part of a youth training scheme for a couple of professional football clubs across East Anglia.
Andrew EvansIT Director
Andrew has worked in technical leadership roles for more than 25 years. From repairing aircraft instrumentation and navigation systems in the RAF, to working as senior software developer and technical architect across the finance, legal and compliance sectors, Andrew has had a fascinating career!
Fully versed in agile delivery, Andrew joined Evoke in 2017 where he has developed the application architecture and grown the incredible team responsible for delivering kiosk applications and Evoke Cloud.
WE ASKED ANDREW...
- What’s your favourite book? Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer
- If you had to pick one film, what would it be? True Romance
- When you’re not at Evoke what are you doing? Restoring a 1972 VW Camper
- Tell us an interesting fact about yourself? I once fell into a crevasse while mountaineering in the Alps (luckily I was roped up!)
Mark began his career in Engineering and then switched to finance, qualifying as a Chartered Management Accountant in 1998. Since then, he’s held a variety of CFO roles across a variety of manufacturing companies.
He’s been instrumental across a variety of business functions including Finance, IT, HR and Operations. He brought his significant skill set to Evoke in 2018 where’s he led as CFO, making changes across financial strategy, control and planning as well as driving improvement into reporting while improving the use of the ERP systems.
WE ASKED MARK...
- Favourite song? Insomnia – Faithless
- Favourite book? Pictorial Guides to Lakeland Fells by Alfred Wainwright
- Favourite Sport? Cycling & golf
- What did you want to be growing up? Aircraft designer
evoke your potential
It all starts with a conversation. We employ over 150 people across the UK and the USA for lots of different roles. Find out how you can start your career with Evoke.